1. Prizm Books is open to submissions in all categories. Click here for current open anthology and special calls.
All submissions must specify if they are mainstream or LGBT characters as well as the genre. Acceptance preference will be given to stories with fully realized characters and highly developed story lines.
All manuscripts must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in either .doc, .txt, or .rtf format.
Young Adult Novels
Edgy Young Adult
All submissions must
5. We will not accept stories with pedophilia; incest or those containing rape for titillation or other gratuitous violence. We will not accept stories with bestiality (relationships with animals occurring in natural life not including shapeshifters). We will also reject stories that are clearly a copyright infringement, including any that have been converted from fan fiction or that are based on TV shows, movies, or literary characters. We do accept simultaneous submissions, however we require you to update us if there is any interest in your submission from another publisher or if it is accepted elsewhere. We do accept multiple submissions.
6. Unsolicited manuscripts are accepted at any time. Please remember, however, that current projects take precedence, and while we will acknowledge all submissions in a timely manner, it may take some time for one of our editors to review your work. Please allow 3-8 weeks for a response. All accepted works will need to be provided to us as an electronic file, and please note we are now using electronic contracts.
7. To see our sample contract, click here.
We pay first-time authors a royalty rate of 45% of the net sale from books sold on the Prizm Books or Torquere Books sites, and 35% of monies received from our distributors' sites, paid quarterly. Distributor sales are not paid until we receive payment from that seller. Print books pay 25% royalties on net monies received from our distributors. Once an author has a proven sales record with us, incentives may be offered on further contracts. Anthologies pay a flat fee, payable upon publication. For anthology payment, please see each individual special call, here.
10. On most contracts we ask for exclusive electronic rights for 2 years. On novel-length books we ask for exclusive print and electronic rights for 3 years. Most anthology contracts are first-publication electronic rights for 2 years.